Pass it On

Pass it On
Share the Love

8.21.2009

Isabela Faith

Well after all the waiting and preparing and freaking out...
We have a new member in our family! Isabela Faith was born 8/13/09 at 8:43am in Santa Cruz, NM.

I gave birth at home which was a whirlwind 29 hours from start to almost finish. A few complications with the afterbirth occurred and it was off to the hospital for me. I was certainly a bit out of it and was not thrilled but the whole experience went quite well. The staff at the hospitl was wonderful and they took great care of me. I was able to have the baby with me as soon as I was up to returning to my room and they released me later that evening for a good night's rest at home.

No photos from the birth...thank goodness, but some here from the last few days. She is already a week old! I am thoroughly enjoying getting to know her and learning every facial expression and sound. So far she has been a very good baby and is growing cuter by the minute!

Grandma Stephanie and Grandpa Bill are soaking up Isabela time at the moment while I get some rest in between feedings and caring for my little miracle.

I cannot wait for everyone to meet her and see how special she is making her a perfect addition to our family. Love to all!

2 comments:

faf said...

omg!!! i love her i love her i love her!!! sooooo adorable!!! i can't get enough of the pictures. i can't wait to squeeze her!!!! i love you and miss you!!!!

Sarah said...

She is perfectly pretty! I am so glad your homebirth experience went well and am proud of you for making it through such a long labor!